View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 AM

Default 5/10 - Top two, weakleader/raise greeted with two all-ins. Now what?

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $20</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($80, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $40</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $150</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $340</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1011.5 (all-in)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $234.5</font>, Hero ????

(It was $671.50 to me)

Reads
-----
CO had done a few min-raises before, and while I'm faily sure he had a decent hand, it could also mean a drawing hand. The UTG player recently joined the table, and I really have no idea how he plays.

My line
-------
Sweet, sweet flop. I weak-lead, in hopes of CO having a big hand that he'd raise with, smelling weakness, so that I could re-raise. The UTG smoothcall could mean anything, but I'm pretty sure we're talking some kind of straight draw, or a decent queen).

When CO makes the re-raise (something he hasn't done without a strong hand before), I'm 90% sure he has aces or kings, at worst AQ. Either way, I got my wish, but here's where the plan went wrong. My re-raise caused utg to push over the top for almost $700 more.

I have a bad feeling, but consider the following:

- He has J9, KJ or similar and wants the pot heads up with the guy who obviously has him beat right now, but with my dead money in the pot, thinking I'd have to fold.
- We have the same hand
- He has a set of 5's.

What do we do?