View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: $50 NLTRN, 2nd pair + OESD on turn facing psb donkbet

I should clarify:

I tend to cbet bigger on drawy flops if:

1. I have air or a hand with no SD value but I think villain is likely to c/f (or, if he calls, I can take it away from villain when scare card comes later)
2. If I have SD value/piece of flop/overpair/monster and I think villain will call with draws and weak hands

Obviously if I cbet more on drawy flops, I have to do it both when I have a hand and when I don't.

I don't like cbetting 80/120 on a flop like this if my read of the villain is that he will call bigger bets with draws.

If villain is very aggro and likely to c/r a lot, I would cbet less often/less chips.

That said, I used to cbet the same amount every time, and now I'm experimenting with cbetting varying amounts based on the texture of the board and my opponent's range, more so than my own cards. I think ultimately this is a better strategy than cbetting the same amount every time, but I am not sure that I am implementing this strategy well. Also I am not sure how this affects villains who are not droolers but not sophisticated enough to catch on that I am capable of betting bigger with both air and good hands.