Thread: hu killing me
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: hu killing me

[ QUOTE ]
It's all a matter of preference btw. If you want to play good players to improve your game, or if you philosophically believe you should take every edge you can get, then fine. But this will lead to the huge swings you've recently faced.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is how i game select: i don't play the 5 or so names you see everyday at 50/1 and 1/2 - either bc they wont play me (pokergirlz for ex.) or i think they are better than me (fatal frog for ex.). other than that, i will play any unknown, under the assumption that a non-regular will often be a soft spot, and thus it is +ev to at least try them even though i will sometimes get into bad spots edge-wise. if i'm lucky enough to not get hit and run and can play one of these unknowns for more than 5 minutes i will make a note about my first general impression, which will help me determine if i should play them later.

dean, or anyone else, what do you do? do you simply avoid anyone you know nothing about? the action at these limits is so scarce as it is that i can't imagine approaching game selection that way.