View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1. Consider myself a decent 6-max player, trying HU to help improve my game in marginal spots and 3-bet pots. Also I'll occasionally watch CR vids, read/post in strategy etc. I talk to a couple 2p2ers on AIM about hands who I consider to be better players than I am. Booked some sessions with a respected coach for this winter.

2. The immediate goal I've set for myself is to run at 6ptBB/100 at Stars nl 1/2 for 50k hands, then move up to 2/4. Beyond that, I don't have any long term goals to be able to beat 5/10 or anything -- I'd like to be able to do 5 figure months regularly without putting in a copious number of hands.

3. Current steaks are .5/1 and 1/2 6-max. I was exlusively 1/2 for the past 2 months but I had a bad downswing coupled with a cashout recently so I've been playing a lot of .5/1 to rebuild. Since starting .5/1 nl in about May of this year (converted from minbet) I've made about $40k, averaging 20hrs/week and running at about 4ptBB/100 over a lot of hands (nl100-nl400).

4. I occasionally get the urge to post a lot of strat posts, but mostly I just ready others and post in BBV. If you search my name in small stakes no limit you'll find some posts that I'm not ashamed of.

5. Got my BA in Bio/Chem in May of '04, not sure what I wanted to do for grad school so I've since worked at the National Cancer Institute doing research. I feel like I've accomplished a lot at this job, and I've had several publications in my time here. I've decided to go to business school however, got a good score on my GMATS and I'm now applying to schools for next fall. I'm leaving my NCI job at the end of this year to travel/play poker full time until I start biz school in the fall.

Also I have plenty of comp skills -- no problem using skype, doing stuff with web videos, etc.

Do I have potential?