View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: The End of the Competent Shortstacker (Hopefully!): Part 1

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for posting a guide to how to shortstack competently

maybe delete it now?

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus christ poker players are such whiny babies sometimes.

"bohoo, the shortstackers have shaved off 0.X ptBB from my winrate. lets never talk about them and maybe they will go away!!"

heres a newsflash, shortstacking isnt rocket science, i doubt that OP's post will cause a sudden flood of shortstackers invading all sites. all the information is out there anyways. what his post might do however is spark some sort of interesting discussion about how to combat them ( unlikely since the topic has been discussed ad nauseum, but still, who knows. )

i dont shortstack, i dont particularly like playing against shortstacks, but i wouldnt go as far as saying i hate it either. if i happen to be at a table with many shortstacks i.. and listen carefully because heres the tricky part.. leave and find another game.
what i dont do is go all around the most popular poker forums screaming in outrage about the shortstack problem because.. heres another piece of information you should read carefully.. shortstacking wont go away unless the buy in norm changes at the reputable pokersites.

its one way of exploiting a certain edge ( which i might add not too many shortstackes are capable of ) thats inherent in the normal structure of todays games.

i havent really been involved in the shortstack debate earlier, cant say i want to either. just my 2 cents sparked from this unnecessary rip on OP .