View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Stars 1/2 - AA 3 way vs a lot of action

Why is raising AA a potentially bad thing?

In my experience, playing AA passively is acceptable only when you have significant information on either the players in question or the hand specifically.

I am not sure you have done this.

I am actually quite surprised by people saying this is a good course of action you chose.

I am considered by many to be a lagtard here. But consider the preflop, capped 3 way. AKs comes to mind as a potential holding. I hold two aces and one of the diamonds is the king. Hrmm, did he play preflop with KK? Maybe but if I have AA again and a Q of Spades comes and someone donks it am I going to check down?

Does this guy play with AQs? that is the only holding I really need to think about and again its the same as KK or any other set holding.

I am going to lose the max to a turn donk.

I suspect the other player holds pocket queens.

Based on the betting if BB had the flush or KK he wouldn't have called the river.

What I am saying is I think you were outdrawn on the river not the turn.

I have little doubt you would have lost more playing it aggro but that result is part of the 20% you lose.

In my mind I can't worry about losing less. I know I am going to win AA 4 times out of 5.

10 times over 55k hands at 6 max I have lost 7.5bb + with AA.

I have won 35 times with AA when the pot was greater than 7.5bb, 4 times when the pot was over 12.

Its well worth it for me to continue to bet out on this turn.

If I get reraised I call down. As is I probably check that crappy river and fold two and call one.