View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: The Worst Strategy You\'ve Overheard at a Table

[ QUOTE ]
this was about 4 years ago, playing 15-30 live, 10 seat table. i had been playing laggy for a limit game and was running over the table, with about 4k in front of me, showing bluffs when players folded, showing the nuts when they called me down, very nice run. i raise in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], button and BB call,
flop, 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB check, i bet, button raise, BB call, i raise, button raise, BB fold, i call.

turn, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], i check, button looks a long time at his hand, and then finally bets, i insta CR (putting him on smaller flush draw), he looks at me and asks me what i have,
i turn over A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (this is when showing one card was still legal) and tell him "flush draw", thinking that A high was good. he reraises, (sigh), i call

river, 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ding ding ding.

i bet, he raises, i raise, he raises, i check my cards and ask him, "are you bluffing me?" he gives me a cold death stare and flips over a T, (okay) i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he raises, i raise, he calls, (HU was unlimited action, but any all in verbal agreement was not yet permitted), i get him to put his whole $700 stack in. the table is amazed, nothing like this has EVER happened. i fully expect him to turn over TT.

i show the wheel, he turns over QTo. even i am aghast. someeone asks him, "why the hell didnt you just call?" he replies, "i thought he was trying to bluff me off of top pair"

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap, this is great. How many times did you have to look back at your hand to make sure you really had the nuts? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]