View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: $16 - TT 9high board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise to T200 pre flop, then you take control of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate raising UTG limpers early with TT. I think the line as played is fine but I probably fold turn like others barring some read on BB that he might think Ax is good

[/ QUOTE ]

I would vary between a flat call and a good raise, like to 250 depending on my feelings about the UTG limper. Generally raise a player who is fairly loose. A tight player limping UTG is often either trying a limp re-raise combo, is hoping to see a cheap flop with low to medium pair for a set, or just doesn;t want to commit to a medium-good hand until he sees what the others do. I don't know which yet, so I might limp too given the limp, re-raise risk. If I don't have enough stats yet, I infer based on Sharkscope ROI... making an inference that losers are generally looser than winners.

You also need to consider who is playing behind you. On the other hand a loose agreesive who will raise to take your limp leaves you the option to re-raise if everyone including the UTG limper folds, or get out if two players are jacking it up back and forth.