View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Name Your Cold Stone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is cold stone an east/west coast thing or what???? I've never heard of this place?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know about anywhere else, but it's really big in so. cal.

[/ QUOTE ]

true! there are tons of maggie moo's and coldstones eveywhere. i've only seen a marble slab once, in VA, but clearly coldstone and maggie moo's thought of something marble slab didn't, since the market's really blown up since they came onto the scene.

i've read a couple comments that the ice cream base isn't very good, but if you go into any maggie moo's, you'll notice that they have awards from the national ice cream tasting association (or whatever it is) for the best chocolate, vanilla and dark chocolate ice creams. i really like maggie moo's, FWIW. I get basically chocolate and peanut butter and reese's pb cups...

BUT OP, if you're looking for a healthy alternative, you should DEFINITEly try frozen yogurt from a fro-yo shop! i haven't seen any outside of socal, which is a travesty, but honestly, it's addicting. a lot of the flavors are less then 10 calories an ounce, and they have sooo many amazing flavors! you can get mix-ins just like at the other places (if you want to fatty up your diet food) and the consistency is really similar to the creamery type places, since it's a lot like soft serve.