View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Straight flush mucked at 200nl Foxwoods?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Crossing the line does not determine a bet, raise or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Room depending.

My room, it's it's ruled a bet.

Betting lines suck.

As far as it being considered a fold? Usually it isn't, but it's much more subjective.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie - even in your room the line is a primary measure but not an absolute measure. They will allow other factors to weigh a decision, consider it like the muck - everyone thinks its magical but in reality cards can be fished out if its in the best interest of the game and the cards can be determined.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my room, if someone came across the line and took their chips back, and there was a bet out, the call would stand if it went to the floor(some dealers are more lenient with the commit line). They're pretty black and white about that in there. Not that I agree with it, but I do commend them for consistency.

But as far as it being a line for 'mucking'. Usually it's not the line that's the factor that I've seen, but the intent and the cards just going towards the muck. Face up cards is a little grayer as now they have to be subjective to what the dealer, players and the now holding onto his cards for dear life player says.

I agree with you that there's very little chance OP is getting this pot.

b