View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Re: FTP $750K : M=60 : KK OOP facing turn shove rr on scary board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The psychology of this thread is more interesting than the hand. Balto posts a hand that he had to have known would engender some hostility, given how people feel about his other posts. Then he gets the hostility in spades. If anybody read this thread in isolation, they would think that you guys are a bunch of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never read anything from baltostar or most of the others here, and that's exactly what I'm thinking.

baltostar is now on my must-read list. (He may be wrong. I dunno, not good enough to tell. . But damn there's some thinking material in his posts.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem with blatostar's posts. He is wrong, and most of his reasoning is really off and backward. Players who are not good might be impressed with his "deep analysis", which is dangerous and bad for them obviously. I agree however that any discussion is good, and him being a provocateur sometimes helps in creating interesting discussions.

As to the hand - it's the 3rd time that balto posts a hand in which he open limps utg (with 99, QJs if I remember correctly, and now KK). In short - most of the hands he posts are utg limps at full table. This is the worst of them. He doesn't mention any indication for this table being particularly loose-aggressive PF, or willing to stack-off with ridiculous hands post-flop (on the contrary - he mentions the over-tightness of this tournament in its early stages). His reasons for limping (8% mix-up or whatever) are over the top irrelevant here, and borderline joke. I won't get into other parts of his thinking, others have done that.

He is obviously a provocateur who loves to listen to himself, judging from the hands he posts and his theoretic posts. I am also 100% certain that he is a weak poker player. This is all fine and great, he has any right to post, I only feel it is important to warn "not good enough" players about his material, and make them be much more critical about it.

(BTW sometimes people naturally feel sympathy for the "underdog", the "deep thinking" poster who is constantly being "attacked". But in this case we are talking about a poster who is being "attacked" for some very good reasons (being simply flat out wrong, time and again), and he obviously enjoys it too.)