View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Pro Players...tell us your story!!!

I just started playing full time this year. Finished school in December and decided to give it a shot. It is easy to try when you have nothing to lose. at the the I had been playing .5-$1 NL on FTP and 4 tabling. I was making around $1500 to $2000 a month on the side playing 20k to 30k hands per month. I figured why not give it a shot.

I currently am PLaying $1-$2 NL and some $2-$4 NL. I am up just over 26k this year so far. This is including rakeback, bonuses, etc. I am happy with how it is going so far. I seem to be improving a lot as of recently and feel like I am ready to move up limits. I have the roll to but I am not in a hurry, I also know that I have a long way to go as a player. My goal right now is to be beating $3-$6 for over 5BB/100 NL by then end of the year.

To be honest I like the lifestyle and freedom, I am also making more money than I would at anentry level job. However I am semi embarassed to tell everyone what I'm doing after college. As an online player people who know nothing about poker (most) think you're either full of it, or you are a degenerate. Obviously this isn't a huge deal to me, but It is something that bothers me about playing full time.