View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: How did you get where you current are?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like the trend here is that you have to take shots to get anywhere, unless you want to take years to get from $1/$2 to $30/$60.

This thread has been toggled [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

in my rise through the levels (only to 10/20 algthough i could play higher) i have always had an adequate bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to hear. If you don't mind my asking, how many hands has it taken for you to move from one limit to another?

[/ QUOTE ]

i bought in for 200 and started playin 1/2 on party and $10 sngs about 2yrs ago. i had more behind me but i didnt really set out to be big time gambler. i was in school and just played for fun when i wasnt studying or partying. about a year ago i had about 800 in my acct and moved to 2/4. the games were super soft and i crushed and ran to 1500 and jumped to 3-6 and bought this cool thing called pt. here i had the sickest run of my life where i ran 5bb/100 for 20k hands. with about a 3k roll i jumped to 5/10 short and ran 5 for 15k and 3 after 50k.

now i was pretty sure i was a poker god and i just found out about rakeback. so i ditched my job for the plush life of an internet gambler. first month: huge 350b downswing over 30k hands but after 100k hands i was at 2bb/100 at 5/10. my roll had been plenty big enough to go to 10/20 for while but i always got pounded upon moving up. finally it stuck and ive played over 100k hands of 10/20 at around 1bb/100.

i should note that i have endured some absolutely appalling downswings and breakeven stretches at 10/20 that i am sure most of the board hasnt seen. it could be cuz i suck or just have been unlucky.