View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Libertarians: Stop Using Logic

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's why you do when quoting someone, brainiac. You "quote" them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would any impartial English majors in the audience care to comment on what putting one word in an entire email in quotes is supposed to imply?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would any impartial non-hydrocephalic care to comment on what someone who is not Dr. Paul putting a word in quotes in an email is supposed to say about the opinions or character of Dr. Paul?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make up your mind. Is that quotation innocent, or isn't it?

Also, Ron Paul sure does have terrible taste in the types of people that he hires to do unimportant jobs such as "the editor of his political newsletter" and "the policy manager of his campaign." However, I'm sure you're right and the political views of his policy manager have nothing to do with his own - that's merely another regrettable oversight.

[ QUOTE ]
wow adanthar, I remember reading your posts in STT way back when and considered you on a very short list of the smartest 2p2 posters, you have undone so much of that in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, we start off with another case of "you're dumb because you disagree with me". I can definitely see why this forum is held in such high esteem. But okay, people have strong viewpoints on politics, let's move on:

[ QUOTE ]
Do you actually think that Paul's vote on the sudan HR has anything do to with there being a genocide there or race? It has nothing to do with that, he votes against every HR that would include the government taking those kinds of actions, it has everything to do with his principles about what the federal government should and should not be involved with. Your summary of his speech is a joke, that is not what he is saying at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait - did you just seriously say that Ron Paul's principles tell him that he should vote for taxpayer money to continue to flow to Sudan's government?

Are you aware of what that sounds like?