View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Preflop AA or KK in the blinds

The reason they will know that you have AA or KK in this situation was because there is one player at that table that says: "ohw a SB, BB raise, you are up against a monster"

I personally always raise here but I know people who prefer to call when there are 8 callers. They tell me that you give away so much information and you are so out of position. At this table the 2 pair will not even raise all the time and sometimes people limp with KK.

It's a very profitable table because I always play flush draws there.

I think it's a good idea to raise with the suited hands against all those limpers: all those hands: AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQs, KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs. The suited hands are worth a lot and I prefer raising with them but I don't always raise with KTs in the small blind at 10-20 when there are 2 or 3 limpers. The pot is unraised so you should call all those hands for sure, but I wouldn't always raise KTs here, probably 70% of the time depending on how strong the limpers are. Some players love to limp with big PP's or call with AK (I know it's a strange table :-)) so against such players I prefer calling those hands. Even if they call with AT.