View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: x-IRS agent famous for protesting the I.T. found Guilty

[ QUOTE ]
No economic knowledge needed. From 1791 to 1913 we survived without an income tax. If you can manage to get by without something for 120+ years, it's probably not necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you subscribe to the "no economic knowledge needed"-theory yourself as you ignore that there was a federal income tax in place 1862-1872, and 1894-1895.

And I dont know if too many people from todays society will agree with you that those times were better, in regards of schooling, life expectancy, economic growth, poverty and so on. You get by without a lot of things, but it does not mean it is not desireable.

I stated that I lack the economic knowledge to determine whether or not the income tax is needed, but I guess all you need to know is "Does people get by without it?". Wow, had i known macro-economics was so simple I should have taken a different major.

Oh, and nice touch bringing in a picture of a victim of a racist law. I guess it was wrong of me to assume that everyone would understand that I wrote "current laws of the nation" in a situation where I am relatively comfortable with the legal system. I also think there can be situations where I would support an armed uprising against government, is it funny how that works? That Im somehow in favor of punishing those who break the laws of a system that I support and am also in favor of using force to bring down a system that I oppose strongly.

I dont even know how to react to that picture in a thread about tax evasion. Im against the law about drinking alcohol in public, guess I will equate myself to Rosa Parks if a cop busts me for drinking a beer in the park.

[ QUOTE ]
edit: nice freudian slip with the word "brake."

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe nice "english is not my first language" slip?