View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Questions about PPs (PF raise, variance, micros)

I hope this is the right place for this !

I try to play my PPs as aggressive as possible:
-I raise PF to 3 or 5BBs depending on position.
-I try to take the pot by cbetting.
-I double barrel whenever i have an overpair or my pair + OESD
-When i hit my set i donīt slowplay.

Whenever i play a PP TT or smaller, i think that i need to get 1:10 to justify my call. So whenever i am sure that at least 2 people will call, i raise more PF so i have to make less after the flop in case i hit and they miss. I am willed to put 25% of my stack in if 5 or more people call.

On a tight table OOP i will limp/call, and in position i will raise the same as i would with AA, trying to take the pot with a cbet and building the pot in case we both hit.

Does this sound right to you so far ?

Analysing my last 10k hands,i found a couple of KK vs. AA and Set vs. flushs, so here a couple of observations and questions regarding small PPs:

1) Observation: 50 times 44 and not a single set.
Question: Standard ? How many PPs do we need as sample size to analyze our play ? Is there a way to find out how many times we made a set / Show only hands where we made a set in Pokertracker ? Maybe in Holdemmanager ?
2) Observation: When the flop comes with 3 spades and i have bottom set and we get it all in, i always loose to a flush. Theese hands are very high variance for me.
Question: Do i stack off to easy ? Or is my sample size still to low ? Will i see many TP+Flushdraw once my sample size is big enough ?
3) Observation: My sets are not getting paid enough to justify a pf call if i play fit or fold.
Question: How the [censored] can i find out my average winning whenever i make a set with Pokertracker ? How many BBs do you make on average with a set ?
4) Observation: Losses set vs set & set vs flush are much bigger than winnings sets vs. draws & set vs. TP hands.
Question: Is it better to fold sets on scary boards (AhKh9h and i have 9c9d) to reduce variance or do i really give up too much equity here ?

How do you change your play with PPs when moving up from NL25 -> NL50 -> NL100 ?