View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Default hu sng ~ handling aggresiv/dominating villians

hi,

till now i was most of the time the most aggresiv and dominating player in the hu sng's i played.
But from time to time there are player that play more aggresiv then me.
They cbet and steal every pot. (mostly ip)
And when i am stealing ip on the flop i most of the time i get called.
Till now i just let them steal the small pots and try to get it in with the better hand in big pots but i think this isn't 100% the best way to play.

I think it is really improtant to be the most aggresiv player at the table. ( you should atleat don't get pushed around all the time)

But how you do it?

a few options to play back at aggressiv players would be:
<font color="blue">
- cr light oop maybe also often ass a bluff on a T44r like board (i generally don't like it because to play oop just sucks and a cr make the pot just bigger but if you only cr good hands you won't get paid off often...)

- if he calls you cbets light 2nd barrel
but how is it in hu sng's? are scarecards (like in nlh sh) often important for a 2nd barrel or isn't it very important because it's hu and villian can have a huge range of hands?

- just don't play back at very aggresiv villians and give nearly every pot oop up and also giv e the pot ip afte a calle cbet up if you don't have much of a hand

- just become even more passiv (also w/ madehands) and play very often c/c with made hands to let aggresiv villians bluff away there chips </font>

how do you handle situations like this?
which lines are the best and why? which lines to you prefer?

ps: i think agaisnt very good aggresiv players every line oft the written is improtant becasue you should definitly mix up your game to make it hard for villian to read you