View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: The legality of what Neteller is doing

[ QUOTE ]
It is unlikely that you could reach Neteller assets outside of the US with a judgment from a US court.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be glib here, because I understand your point that the value of a court judgement is dependent on the ability to collect...

...but this is a key part of the point of this thread. Namely that one way or another some Neteller assets "have been reached" by US DOJ / Attys Office, even without a court judgement.

If Neteller had shown *any* inclination to retreat to the Isle of Man and thumb its nose at the US Atty, that would coincide nicely with your point. But to the contrary, Neteller seems intent on remaining a legitimate company trading on the LSE and with some sort of regulatory oversight wherein they can continue to serve non-US-based customers and make a profit.

While all that could certainly change, if Neteller continues to stay "legit," it is more probable IMHO that a series of judgements from the US would not be ignored. Especially if they remain on the London Stock Exchange and governed by the rules therein.

Obviously this is all chit-chat/conjecture on my part, but its interesting stuff. Would really be good to see Neteller fulfill their promises to customers and prompty give them their money.