View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
Some other things to consider...

This "package" is just that. It's not just a high stakes donkament. It's a vacation. I assume that you would be taking your wife? I would be taking mine...and likely my 2 step-sons too.

The cost of 4 plane tickets to Europe would be much more for me than tickets to the Bahamas. (I live in Florida). I'm not sure about the difference, but I assume it would be in the 1k to possibly 2k range. (Maybe someone with a better idea could chime in).

I know my family would have a blast at the Atlantis. And I also know that there are plenty of things to do in Las Vegas. My wife even has a close friend nearby that she would like to visit. So strangely enough, even though the EPT package is the best value, if I were to make Elite it might be the one I opt-out of.

Ideally Stars will see the dilemma they are putting us in and change the program to just give us all 3. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, there is zero comparison between Atlantis and Monte Carlo.

Atlantis: Food = terrible. Rooms = poor. Service = abysmal. the Bahamas is crime ridden. The whole place is tacky beyond belief. I don't care if I never go there again. The only good thing is the weather.

Monte Carlo. Rooms = amazing. Better than the suites at the Bellagio. Food = superb. Service = absolutely first class. The tournament structire is far better too. The city is delightfiul and no chance of getting mugged or robbed. The only downside is everything is very expensive.

My grade for the two experiences.

Monte Carlo A+
Atlantis F