View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: A survey on rake (time) in each B&M cardrooms

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any chance that Borgata will ever spread 5/10 or 10/20 stud again ? In your opinion, what would it take ?

When does the 2/4 O8 game go ?

[/ QUOTE ]

it would take convincing most if not all regulars/old dudes at the taj to go to the borgata.
I have seen 1-5 stud there maybe twice in the last 2 years. never seen 5/10 stud there and once i played in a 10/20 stud game. and once they opened a 15/30/45 stud game that lasted all of about 1 hour.

I'm not sure what they have done to try to get the players from the Taj nor i am my sure what they could do to get them over to the borgata. The rumor around town basically is if you want to play mid-limit stud in AC the Taj is the place to go.

The borgata does run several 75/150 and 150/300 stud games regularly, not sure how they got those players over there.

I also think the borgata has so many LHE and NL games going the fact that they are missing out on the few of us who play Middle limit stud is not bothering them at all.

Most Friday/Saturday nights many new tables they open are 1/2 Nl and 2/5 Nl as 1/2 especially can get long lists and they probably see it as more important to open those tables as opposed to a mid limit stud game that won't last too long.

/end rant
/end hijack

EDIT: the funniest thing is that every time i'm there they do put a few names on a list of interest, yet they know as well as i do that they aren't going to open the game.

2/4 O8 is spread randomly, i'm not sure what determines when it runs, usually peek hours on weekends.