View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Another all in play

[ QUOTE ]
Since I had a "two different hole cards two pair", I thought this was a good move.

Comments ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you worried about pushing the last few chips in after you flop two pair? How you play two pair while very short-stacked is not a big part of poker strategy, or even short-stacked poker strategy.

I didn't like your push here, but I don't think it is worth talking about it. When you limp in with a non-pair, you will flop two pair or better about 3.5% of the time. If you are considering playing hands like A3o and Q9o with a short stack, you should think more about the 96.5% of the time you don't flop two pair or better.

[ QUOTE ]

Yah, yah, I know I "shoudn't" be just calling pre-flop,

[/ QUOTE ]
That depends. If you like money, don't do it. If you don't like money, go ahead.

[ QUOTE ]

My (probably faulty) reasoning is that with a relatively small stack, fairly late in the tourney, I don't feel confident raising with anything less than AA, or AK, and only barely confident with A3

[/ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't feel confident of winning. You should feel confident that it is the right play to raise with much weaker hands than AK, since you will increase your stack substantially when everyone folds, and you may be in good shape when you are called.