View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Moral dilemma/car dealership help? (a little long)

Dear General Manager

Thank you for your call of November 28, 2007. I really appreciate the opportunity to make a contribution to your equity shortfall in the Mazda you acquired from me.

As you can well imagine, at this festive time of year I am provided with many opportunities to contribute to charitable causes. Unfortunately I cannot afford to support them all. This year I was particularly interested in the Liver Foundation, and I concentrated my financial contributions in that area. For lifestyle reasons, I also saw my donation as an investment in my future health care needs.

Though there may come a time in the future when I may be inclined to contribute to the "Pathically-Grovelling-and-Whining-Dealer-Rushed-to-Make-a-Sale-and-Now-Regrets-it" fund, I can't see this happening during any coherent moment, and as such, I just can't place you as a priority on my future charitable recipient list. Should my financial circumstances change, I would be pleased to send you another letter with these same sentiments, albeit on much finer stationary.

In closing, I am honored that you would consider me to share in the equity shortfall, but I must decline. I'm sure you will make it up in future transactions.

Sincerely,

W.O. Title

PS. Thanks for the new BMW calendar. The rustic scene for September 2008 is particularly breathtaking.