View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: ask me about fantasy baseball v.2007

[ QUOTE ]

assuming an equal offense, do i ordinarily prefer punting categories to building a balanced pitching staff? of course not. i'm not arguing that five tops and two bottoms beat a third-place finish in every column. i simply think the cost of building a good staff is offset by the damage it does to your offense. there's virtually no way to get one of the top two staffs in your league without costing yourself 10-15 points in hitting, unless your opponents are awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But its easy to have both, I do it every year. Top 5 rounds go for hitters, grab an ace in the next rounds, then draft your stud pitchers in 10-15. Studs, you say? Last year it was Lackey, Kazmir, Young, and others who I took then. This year it will be Bush, Garcia, and so on, while grabbing Valverde and Torres and Broxton to round out a bullpen that will get Ks and Saves, not giving up on anything. Its exteremely possible to build a good staff while not sacrificing the offense, and that is how you win leauges.

I'm a fan of breakfasts. So when I go to the Cajun Kitchen, I usually get the daily special; while not exactly the "Supreme Cajun Breakfast" that costs 15.99, I get nearly the same amount of food and pleasure for 5.99.

Cheers.