View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: hi i havbe a small issue

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the advic so far guys, and i know its not a get rich quick hobby but ive always been good at cards and i think I have some potential.

Couldnt i lower the buyins required for 1/2nl by buying in for less??

also what books will help me crush the games like my nephews fingers when he talks back to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the motivation to play $1/$2 ?

You can buy in shortstacked but that is a seprate strategy and even so $500 is still not enough to shortstack the $1/$2 tables.

I really dont believe you are aware of the variance in this game. you may be good at cards. I believe that my skill level is above the avarage player for the level i play but i still had a 4 buyin downswing at the beginning of my weekend. This was due to variance and 1 bad play. Variance being that when the money went in i as ahead but even as a 70% favoutite i will lose 3 out of 10. and i lost 3 in a row. This will happen to you. The bad play aswell will happen, you are not immune.

Taking all this in do you honestly think your bankroll can survive ? If you can replace that bankroll then give it a shot. There is only one way to learn, but if your goal is to learn the online way and to build and work your way to the nosebleed levels then you need to prove over 1000's of hands that you can beat one level before you move up. This takes a bankroll that can withstand the effects of variance.