View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 06:32 AM

Default Re: PS $27: AKs in the BB

This is what actually happened.

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t120</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t90, UTG+1 calls t90

Flop: (t375) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">CO bets t300</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t840</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t1450 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t460 (All-in)

Turn: (t3425) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t3425) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

So was I just supposed to go broke on this hand either way? If I got for checkraise like I did, I was really tied to this pot after my raise. And if I lead out and get raised, I can't just drop TPTK with no reads. I was wondering if I made a blunder play because I seem to bust out with TPTK hands so often.