View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Should Vice Principal Lose Her Job? - (*Warning-Gruesome topic\")

I work in a small school district (in a middle school actually) and my wife is in administration in the same district. Some notes from the thread:

According to my wife, without a morals clause or a "detailed work" clause (this job requires that you do detailed work well) she may not be terminated for cause. But, most administrative employees are year to year and not tenured and do not have to be renewed, and an elected school board signs off on most administrative renewals. It's not hard to picture voting against someone who read the letter of the law here when the spirit was clearly the superior choice.

2) Children are routinely in the care of Vice Principal's (VP). VP's cover classes, discipline kids 1 on 1, etc. They might chaperone a field trip, or a sporting meet, or be responsible for counting everyone on the bus coming home from a game. Forgetting a kid like that would be a serious infraction.

3) The prosecutor is totally off the mark. This is clearly a crime. The child could have been a bit older, gotten out of the car, ran across the road, and gotten his guts splattered by an 18 wheeler--now is it a crime? I could get more gruesome, but you get the point. Her behavior wasn't a mistake, it was criminal negligence.