View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Guy crashes into my truck, his fault, gives false insurance info

[ QUOTE ]
you should really just find the same cop like everyone is saying and fill him in. also, please post updates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll definitely be contacting the policeman. I tried getting ahold of him today and they said he was off duty. He'll remember everything - he even said at the time if this goes to court, that he would testify for my son.

So I don't think getting a police report filed after the fact will be a problem, but at the same time, I doubt it'll help any either. I've already contacted my insurance company and reported everything, so we're covered there. But seriously, looks like the a-hole will get away with it, unless some sort of revenge takes place down the road... but that won't help me anyway. And I don't like the idea of calling him and threatening to sue, that might invite some sort of reprisals my way when he realizes what I intend to do.

Damn lazy cop not wanting to write a report at the scene, talked me out of it, my bad, live n learn. The $250 itself isn't so bad, but the fact that it will be on my insurance record somewhere will I'm sure raise my rates someday, especially if we have another incident or two to file again in the near future. If all I had to do was pay the $250 and nothing bad would happen, I wouldn't care that much. As it stands now, I'm still quite pissed about the whole thing.

L8r.. BB