View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

just finished this book. sort of first glace, quick read as you'll see from some of my questions.

i commend the authors on the basic premise. formalizing something that i think we'd all wrestled with. i've always wondered what initial stack size i can get all-in on unco-ordinated board.....

i don't have the book in front of me... but what page is the section on continuation bets? i don't remember too much...

also, why bet the pot? why not half or two-thirds the pot? i don't remember that expanded on too much..... seems like there's so much trapping these days, although usually your opponent doesn't have a set or two pair.

lastly, if we have pocket aces or AK with ace on flop, if we bet the pot and our only opponent folds, is that a bad outcome?? specifically thinking if opponent has AQ, AJ, AT in pocket. surely then we might want to bet less. in fact, i'm thinking smaller bets have huge advantages, but of course the whole idea of the book is about not getting a significant amount in without commitment, and i do agree 100% that it's very important.

thanks in advance for any responses!