View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: To Theists: An Interesting Agreement ...

I dont know what I am supposed to find interesting in this. Surely the idea of a god is either right or wrong. What someone said years ago (however much we should or should not respect them) isnt going to mean much - the idea of a personal god who participates in the world in some way is either a coherent idea or it isnt. If god exists, well these two people agreed at some level about jesus. If god doesnt exist, they still agreed.

I've asked you a couple of direct questions which I havent yet seen you answer, perhaps you will answer this one. Can you say why you are posting here?

The most common reason people post on SMP is to discuss ideas and hear arguments for and against them - if you are trying to save souls or just preach that's all fine, but if you would clearly state that then I can at least stop bothering to respond with an argument. If on the other hand, you are interested in putting forth ideas and then debating them. Perhaps you could make some statement as to what you think the agreement of these two people means?