Thread: Getting a cat
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Getting a cat

steel, that cat looks small, I'm guessing it's <1 year old. Nice shiny coat though. I recently switched to Science Diet food (dry for both, although I also get cans for one of them as a treat). It's more expensive but the word is that it's way better for them than stuff you get at the grocery store (for whatever reason Science Diet isn't at the Safeway by me). Their coats seem to be a bit shinier and they seem more energetic, maybe it's my imagination but that's my take.

hedxcold, I'm sure they'll get along fine once they get used to each other. From what I've researched you need to keep them in separate rooms for a few days and let them sniff each other under the door. Once they're used to the other's scent and existence they will find a way to get along and hopefully eventually like each other. When I brought home the stray he was very defensive and the other one just wanted to play but he would hiss at him while I held him in my lap. After a few days they got along and now about a year later they play together all the time and never fight.