View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Can You Write a Sure-fire Algorithm to Stop Bots?

Hey JJ, u dont need to be rude, I'm just putting some ideas on the table.I'm not advocating any one these ideas. Running bad lately ?

Some other ideas :

7 - Segregated Fish Tanks : Players are automaticaly seated at tables where the others players are at same skill level. Bots will eventually play each other.
8 - new poker variants
9 - No screennames and moving tables: You will be moved to other table after, lets say, 20 hands.You will be always playing against someone u dont have enough stats. I think, but I'm not sure , that a bot cant beat a good human player without a profile. A tie is the most probable outcome.

What we do understand today as multiplayer games may be obsolete in 5 years and new enviroments and devices could open new opprtunities to poker.

I think Public profiles may help to preserve fish from the big grinder bot. The fish must know that they are playing against someone who plays X hours/day and sees % of flops etc ...

About the item #4, Bots are VERY sensitive to collusion. Either explicit or implicit. We just need to say : " Hey guys player X is a bot" to make them a losing proposition.

I do agree that the grinder friendly online poker will be dead in a very near future.