View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Re: NL25 - Speculation preflop leads to this.....

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I learned the hard way when I moved up from NL10 to NL25 that bets actualy mean hands at NL25. Most of the time, that is. So he bets the flop, you raise, he calls - then he leads the turn for an amount that will probably not make you fold (from his perspective) but make the pot large. He really likes his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may still be way too much of a noob to offer any really constructive advice, but I just moved up from NL10 to NL25 full ring and I got my bottie well and truly spanked until I stopped playing trash and remembered that LP is the button and the CO only.

I still get paid off on my good hands but I leave the marginal hands unless I have both position (which may only be OTB if the guy directly to my left is a pain) and clear evidence that those in the pot have been folding to C-bets.

OK, I am sure this is far from the best poker, but it's taken me from losing to winning territory and I'll wait until my BR is out of the 20BI range and I have much more experience before I try to extract any value from the speculative hands.

Way too nitty? Probably, but I don't want to go back to NL10 again.

Just my 2 cents.