View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: New Tysen Streib Book: Kill Everyone

[ QUOTE ]
There has been some discussion here of Mark Vos' chapter on 6-handed cash game NLHE strategy in Kill Everyone. Some readers have called it "random" (tangential) and think it detracts from the book while others seem to appreciate its addition. No one seems to have had any real criticism of the chapter's content (other than saying they'd have liked to have seen more), and some readers and reviewers have really liked it.

It was billed as a "bonus chapter" and it's meant to be just that-a bonus. It's applicable to 6-handed NLHE tournaments when deep stacked (I've played several at the Aussie Millions) as well as to cash games. In my view, Mark, a WSOP NLHE bracelet winner, is one of the best short-handed NLHE and PLO players around, and both myself and my co-authors agreed that his views on short-handed NLHE cash play would be a +EV bonus.

Kill Everyone will be re-printed before long and I'd really like feedback from forum members who have read Kill Everyone on this question:

Would you prefer that this chapter be included or excluded in the re-print? Would Kill Everyone be a better book if this bonus chapter was not included?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lee Nelson

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how excluding it in the re-print helps anything, but only hurts. I agree that is was strange to have it there, but the advice is good. I also agree that it helps with 6-max tournies. Maybe mention that the chapter can help with these short handed tournies in the reprint, but don't get rid of it all together. It is also pretty much the only 6-max exclusive material in print so far. It would be silly to just eliminate it.