View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Negreanu has to lighten up about American Idol.

Yeah, I got his blog from myspace, and this is what I 'commented' back to him:

Sorry, Daniel, but you're way off base on this one.

VFTW has indeed been around for several seasons. The media loves to trumpet the VFTWers every time someone they back lasts longer than some folk would like. Now that Stern is on board, it's just mushroomed again this season.

For some of us, it is simply one way to enjoy the cheesefest that is AI. No one is 'sabotaging' the show--merely voting for who they like best--no matter what the reason. This is the point of a process based on popular vote, n'est-ce pas? VFTW is not keeping Sanjaya in--his FANS are. Now, if this voting coalition of fans and VFTWers are more devoted to voting for their choice--who is anyone to say they're wrong? Sanjaya has a dream, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] He's not robbing anyone of their spot. I'm sure he'll take our support over your 'empathy' any day. You’re so mean, Daniel! And how much time did you devote to voting for your favorite so Sanjaya can’t rob him/her of the spot?

And let me add this--I think the idea that you and others have that Sanjaya should be gone already because he is the literal worst is also wrong-headed. Have you listened to these shmoes they have in the final 12 this year? I wouldn't hesitate to call this one of the weakest/most boring final 12s ever. He's as good as half of them, I'd say--just needs to work on strength, confidence, and performance style. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Again I'd put 4-6 of them in this same category. Sligh stunk up the joint, Haley is a forgettable pageant singer, etc. And if Sanjaya's that bad, why did Cowell and Co. put him through to the final 24 over the literally tens of thousands who audition for Idol each year anyway? hmmm?

Anyhoo, just a different perspective for you to consider--

peace-

mick

oh yeah, SANJAYA FOR THE WIN! <font color="purple"> </font>
I like how DN just called me and a bunch of longtime boardpals TERRORISTS!