View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Razz - semi-ok hand 3-way - linecheck

[ QUOTE ]
1. I agree that you should bet any river brick here. You are repping a made 7 and if you make a 3rd pair or hit a face card on 7th you obviously have to try and win the pot by betting...

[/ QUOTE ]Well,no. He should bet his worst hands because those are the best hands to bluff with, and he should bluff about once for every seven valuebets.

[ QUOTE ]
2. I also understand your next point - if this is true then your opponent will expect you to be betting awful hands a lot of the time and call you down very light, making this a good spot to value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]HIs opponent can't expect him to have a lot of bricks here, because he would have played his pairs and made hands identically from fifth onwards.

And more to the point, we don't know what the other guy expects.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not saying that I never bet my hand vs. his board - I just don't in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]I think the idea that you should vary how you play a lot of hands is close to the biggest mistake in poker. Some hands should be varied, but certainly not on the river and even before the river most hands should be played exactly the same if the situation is the same.

[ QUOTE ]
Your opponent isn't calling you down to 7th because he thinks you are floating - he is calling you down to 7th because he has a very big draw. On 7th, one of two things is going to happen:

[/ QUOTE ]If he has a big draw he must have checked a 4-card wheel on 4th. It's much likelier he just calls with a huge range here.

[ QUOTE ]
In case #2, he is making a J, Q, or K and has to be the biggest retard in the world to call you down given how this hand has played out.

[/ QUOTE ]A jack has about 20% equity against hero's range before betting.

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said before, the only way I bet in this specific situation is if my opponent is good, and I want to keep him on his toes.

[/ QUOTE ]That's exactly what you shouldn't do against a good opponent who had a huge draw on 6th. It's a pretty horrible play since you got crap equity for betting and a very good hand for check calling.

[ QUOTE ]
Now if you check and he bets, you have a tough decision on your hands.

[/ QUOTE ]No he doesn't; it's an autocall 100% of the time.