View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: (razz) bet/fold river?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Plus he has an 8 showing, so it's not like he could be raising a 7 or something

[/ QUOTE ]

To me this is the worst part... if I give him credit for being average for these stakes (i.e. not great but not retarded) then if he's calling drawing to an 8 it should probably be a pretty good one. I'd be a *little* more likely to think he was bluff raising if he had like A6 showing, because it's more likely that I'd fold a made 8 in that situation. I would think, given his up cards, that he expects me to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other thing here to mention is that you know he has a K8 made. Is he going to call you w/ a K,Q,J,T,9? Maybe? Will you get called or raised by every hand that beats you? Yeah. So I like to c/c these spots because I don't think betting has much value unless I know the opponent will call with really bad hands. It's not like he has a T made here and is calling down hoping you paired; although you'll get called by the 9 here if he makes it obviously so c/c might not be the best line in this particular hand due to the person drawing dead. Just something else to think about for future play...

-ChipsAhoya