View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Very questionable floor decision at the Gold Strike

[ QUOTE ]

IF the kid stopped the action before the AA was turned up, and before the flop was spread, then this isn't a bad ruling at all. There are rules in NL to protect players from committing large amounts of chips if it is clear that they grossly misunderstood the size of the bet involved. When someone thinks they are raising $15, and they are told that they are raising $115, this would qualify as a gross misunderstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at this table and I agree it WAS a gross misunderstanding.

As a misunderstanding, the floor should have explained to the raiser what his bet meant, and what his options were, that he was actually betting $115 and that he could, if it was a misunderstanding, make the allin bet, make his intended bet, or whatever the min. would be, or just call.

The results, we all know, don't matter. It may have come out the same way. I think if the correct action had been taken by the floor, either make him min raise or go allin. The speed at which he was called on his original "I put you allin" bet surely would make him think twice about actually doing that. Alternatively, if they required him to make a min. raise and given the other player a chance to reraise, WHICH THEY NEVER DID, then this hand never would have gone to a flop.

I totally agree w/ OP that this was an AWFUL decision by the floor, who used to be very friendly as dealer but is now the biggest bitch in the poker room as a floor supervisor.