View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to be a smartass. I apologize if I came across that way.

I would really like to know what other options he has when making comments about his future. The focus is on him all the time. Imagine the commotion it would create if he even hinted at wanting to leave? His season, and the Yankees season, would probably be over.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have said the same thing everyone else always does: "I'm not going to talk about my contract until the season is over."

Instead he said things like (I spent 1 minutes googling this):

"You're asking me what my sincere feeling is. I want to 100 percent stay in New York. Period. That's it. I don't know how many ways I can say it."

"I want to be here. I want to stay here."

"I want to be in New York. This is the place I want to finish my career. That's it. We had options and we all know that, but I want to be in New York. That's it."

"I want to stay in New York, no matter what."

"I kept saying it this winter. I love New York. It's the greatest place for me to play."

"My wife loves New York. Our daughter [Natasha] is in music classes and [Cynthia] loves Central Park. She wants to be there for a long time."

That sounds like a lot more than just trying to say the right thing. Either he's a flat out liar, or he really wants to stay. If the Yankees want him to stay, they can pay him the most money and he wants to stay, I don't see how he's going to leave.