View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: ***August LC Thread*** - OMG I have this great amazing story...

[ QUOTE ]
Dizzle: could u talk more about ur challange, r u table selecting at 2/4, could you post some of your bigger pots, and who do u think are the best regulars at 1/2 and 2/4, thx

[/ QUOTE ]

well basically i had 1k in FTP and didn't want to redeposit. my main game is much higher than 1k would allow for, so i decide to try to grind up a roll with the HU games, as its a good change of pace, i think HU can improve your all around game drastically, and I've heard it is very profitable.

i contemplated just starting at 1/2 but i only had 5 buyins and really wanted this to go well so i start at 0.5/1. I crushed it for a few days 2 tabling, fairly short sessions which is how I like to do it as i tilt very easily playing HU. I think I won about 14 buyins over 2 days I believe. The play is very soft at this level both from regulars and randoms. shortstacks are almost free money. My game selection method is just to sit at 2 empty tables and wait, only quitting someone when I generally don't feel like playing/losing focus/tilting, or they are nitty, because I hate playing nits.

moved up to 1/2, the play is similar and my approach was similar. At these levels players are very predictable, and it is easy to get in their head i find, as well as obvious fundamental flaws. i have been absolutely destroying 1/2, running hot and brutalizing people. I am not quite sure of the totals but I estimate my winnings at 1/2 HU to be in the neighbourhood of 40 buyins in the last week or two.

so far at 2/4 i have taken the same approach which i will have to change. i will have to table select and quit people that i have trouble with. people are generally more aggressive (in the right spots) at this level, this difference is extremely noticeable. I have lost probably 10-15 buyins at 2/4, running bad, tilting and playing too long. I will keep trying though as I wish to move up stakes and get better at HU.

most of the biggest pots i've played are pretty uninteresting. i'm not sure who the best regs are as i haven't played anyone enough to know, and the players who give me the most trouble are usually not the best ones.