View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

[ QUOTE ]
1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I am currently improving my game by reading a ton of strategy on 2p2, sometimes up to 8hrs/day. I also have a buddy list full of 2p2ers and other respected players, whom i discuss hands with daily.

2) My goal in poker is to build a roll playing full ring that would allow me to afford a 6 max coach. It seems as there is a point in full ring games where they just stop running(5-10 on stars and 10-20 on ftp).

If i had to sum up my goal it would be to find my niche. There is so much money to be made in this game and i want some.

3) When i first got into poker i played 1-2nl live. I had no idea what variance was and thought winning 5 buyins in a day should be no problem as long as i could rebuy if i lost. =) Needless to say this attitude caused me alot of headaches and also led to the inevitable bustoing of my roll.

After this i found 2p2 thanks to a friend and made a promise to myself to never go broke from poker again. I redeposited a few different 100$s and finally had a small cash (700$) in an MTT. With my new found wealth i hit the tables ready to try out 6 max.

Looking back i was probably never playing winning poker. I had tilt issues. Also, after going broke i started to value the money perhaps a bit more than being a winning 6 max player allows. So i read more on 2p2 and looked for ways to reduce variance (lolonit) and decided to switch to full ring. After all that is where i started playing live, cant go wrong. =)

Cliffs notes: i am a 6max fish who can beat full ring @ a small stake

I have been playing on 3 diff cpus so it is hard to keep all my DBs together but here is the last graph i made for a dif thread. Filtered for 25nl, 9max....

here are my stats

4) I am terrible at articulating my thoughts and am also pretty self conscious or i would reply to more threads. My best example of a strategy post comes from the STT forum ironically since the situations @ FR 25nl all seem to garner the same "TPTK ARRRR EEEEN"- esque replies. Here is one link

5) When i first started playing poker i was a cocky young teenager, much like some personalities i read on these forums. After playing this game for so long with nothing to show it teaches you to be humble. Not only has it taught me to be humble it has also taught me how to interact with people on a respectful and mature level.

I am 21 years old from california. I like baseball and music. I have recently ventured into a section of the real estate market. A family member got me into this and it could not have come at a better time for me. The majority of the work is done from home on my cpu. I have nothing but time to learn and improve in poker. I just need to find the right atmosphere and i think i have.

It would be cool to help with the website, although i wouldnt be much help since i have limited experience. Anything i can do to help just ask.