View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Putting Marriage Proposal Ideas into Action...

Yes, of 35mm of course, I've been in computers too long already, everything is in multiples of 2 (4,8,16,32,64, etc).

Imax theatres I can't help you with (I actually thought they were 72mm, I've been out of that buisness for a few years, I think the standard movie house projectors can typically play 16 and 35, and sometimes 70, but Imax is 72 I belive, and I don't know how those projectors are capable of playing other film sizes.

I know that when I was a projectionist, it was very laid back at the company I worked for, and if a friend wanted to do this, I would do it for him without much problem probably just between normal showings if it was just a small loop of film that I could thread without splicing it into the actual built movie.

I don't think the Imax thing would work out for you, and you would still probably have to do it in 35mm, because even though these projectors are commonly capable of playing 16 (and some even 8) it requires a good bit of equipment change on the projector head itself, something a lot of guys aren't capable (or willing, because it can take some time) to do.