View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: FTP $750K : M=60 : KK OOP facing turn shove rr on scary board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you NEVER limp with big pairs, then you shouldn't be interested in this thread so don't reply at all. If you do limp once in a while, then once in a while you'll find yourself in a position where you *thought* there would be a raise behind you, but there wasn't, and then maybe you do get interested in this thread.

It's funny how some people seem to never make mistakes and know everything, yet have a significantly lower ROI than other people that willingly admit their mistakes. I'm not specifically referring to anyone in particular here, but I'm always amused (and sometimes disgusted) by that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly agree with this, but I also don't understand the people who think the hand isn't worth discussing because you wouldn't be in this situation if you weren't stupid enough to limp a big pair. I mean the situation on the turn is still interesting even if you may have made a huge error preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I enjoyed going through all of the HoH hands and analyzing them throughout that series, and there are PLENTY of times that Harrington say stuff like "You actually call for $300..." (even though he prefers a fold or raise), because you are analyzing actual hands where errors were made. Part of the idea is that even the best pros make mistakes now and then, so YOU will too, but to play your best, you should still realize when you made a mistake and then do your best to play optimal from that point on.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT