View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: ESPN TV changes - 2007 WSOP

If they're showing some of the earlier days of the HORSE event I would have to think they plan on showing non-holdem hands.

My guess is they'll be showing brief spurts of hands of the different forms of poker all the while trying to keep it somewhat fluid when they have to explain, "Okay, we're back and it's the next level so the game has changed again to stud...." (and then Norm will chime-in on how Greenstein and Reese are experts at all these games but so-and-so is only a holdem/omaha guy so might be a little out of his element this one)

I'm hoping they do it this way and this is what I suggested they COULD have done last year when they decided to only do the all-holdem final-table.

It could be kind of weird for many viewers to keep up with the changing games. But I think if ESPN does it right it shouldn't be too big a problem.

ESPN would just need do the typical broadcast strategy of hitting the audience over the head over and over about how crazy it is that they are constantly changing games every 45 minutes (or whatever it is) and that each switch favors certain players and puts others at a disadvantage.