View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant]

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't happen very often. Like I said, I'm usually driving faster than everyone else. Sometimes I get stuck behind some bozo going slow and some jackass in an overpriced car comes flying up behind me. I will slow down in this case. Not slower than the traffic to the right, but enough to say "get off my ass" to the idiot behind me.

Most of the time, once the guy going slower than me gets over, I get going and the jackass doesn't keep up, but every once in a while there'll be a guy who cuts off the guy I just passed and tries to race around me. I generally speed up a bit in this case, but I watch blindspots and will back off if he proves to be a geniune idiot.

I'm generally a safe driver, but this is something that pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I am a great driver - I don't tailgate, I signal appropriately, I get out into the intersection far enough for another car to legally enter the queue - but if someone decides to tailgate, they're gonna pay. Mind you, I'm probably doing at least ten over if I'm in that lane at all, and am conscious of traffic behind me. If I see someone roaring up on me, I make a point to get over. But if someone decides to straddle my bumper, they will not get their desired result. Plain and simple.