View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Small pocket pairs - open-limp in loose games?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can we ever open limp?
If so, when?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was some jason_t post from waaaay back where some very good players were advocating open-limping a few drawing hands from the button (the one jason had limped with was T8s I believe). Basically it only makes sense if you literally have zero fold equity or close to it, won't get any on the flop either, and have a hand such that it's worth trying to hit a good flop and watch them call down. In practice these circumstances practically never come up (even your average LP blinds fold sometimes, either to the pfr or your flop cbet, and especially with a hand like 33 that can win UI you are still ok if your raise causes the turn to be HU instead of 3 or 4 handed).

[/ QUOTE ]
HPFAP talks about this, too. I used it, successfully, when I was playing the supersoft games at Prima. I'd limp in from the button with 22 or Q8s, bet if I hit and fold if they bet and I had nothing. Since the blinds were loose, there was no point in raising, and since they were passive, then I'd see at least a flop, and sometimes all five cards, for 1 SB, and if I was bet into I knew exactly where I stood.