View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Hud Database Cache

I'd recommend not enabling "Automatically Update cache ( Updates on Startup )". Then just update the cache manually maybe once every few sessions or so. Be SURE not to have PT even OPEN whenever you update the cache. This can corrupt it, and rebuilding a cache from the start takes hours for my databases. In fact, when you first create the cache, you should probably just let it work overnight.

The latest Beta, 1.19.3, which was just released yesterday or the day before, has a problem updating the cache. Josh is working on it and hopefully we'll have a new Beta tonight or tomorrow. You should downgrade to 1.19.2 and you won't encounter that problem anymore.

If the cache becomes corrupted (stats are incorrect or not updating) then go to your PAHUD\Data\Temp directory (probably C:\Program Files\PokerAce Hud\Data\Temp) and delete the two DBCache files. Then re-create from PAHUD (again this will probably take hours). BTW updating the cache usually doesn't take more than a minute or two, depending on how long it's been (i.e. how many hands) since it was last updated.