View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: I river trips and see no reason to call

[ QUOTE ]
It seems somewhat unlikely to me that villain has J9 because he didn't cap the flop and then came alive when the flush hit on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me that villain came alive on the flop, and stayed alive on the turn. And if he's passive I seriously doubt he'd cap anything that wasn't the nuts, let alone a flop with a flush draw out there if he didn't at least have one diamond.
At first I was thinking J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but there's no way he doesn't r/r the turn. A loose passive would call two on the button with J9o I'm sure. But he's also not afraid to raise the flush card on the turn.. which a passive wouldn't usually do without a flush. So what else might he have? I suppose 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is an even more likely holding than J9o, because he's just calling the r/r with his flush and gutter draws on the flop. So his raise on the flop is a bit frisky for a passive, but plausible.

Either way, OP's fold is a good one.