View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Can we just get preflop out of the way? part I

[ QUOTE ]
It's 6-max vs FR, or as I like to call it "the Jocks vs the Nerds."

Some people believe that if they decide something is right for them, then it's right for everyone. So since they don't do something, then nobody must do it. Because who could possibly disagree with them? Dr. Al calls this the "Ego Fallacy."

Expert NL players like 6-max, and for several good reasons. So many expert NL cas hgame players, and most of the NL cash game pros, gravitate toward 6-max. Leaving the FR tables full of nothing but chumps. And me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So I play my tight/aggressive FR strategy, and the 6-max players berate me for my nitish ways, very similar to the way jocks bully the nerds in jr. high schools. Meanwhile I'm crushing the FR tables, mostly dure to the lack of any real compitition. And I'm experiencing far less varience than my aggro-jock 6-max friends.

So please, all you NL "experts," please continue to play 6-max. Because the last thing I want is for decent players to start showing up at my FR tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize there is a FR forum that seems to get a lot of traffic? I think you have more competitiion than you realize. There is nothing wrong with playing FR, especially if you are a grinder. I played FR for a year before I got comfortable with 6-max.

If you want to learn how to excel in marginal situations and play a more LAGgy style (24/15 instead of 12/6) then I invite you to visit the dark side or 6-max as you Jedi commonly call it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]