View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Absolute Does Not Respond to Two Plus Two’s Fraud Investigation O

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All Two Plus Two did, was to provide the infrastructure and also the atmosphere for a group of posters of Two Plus Two to notice, investigate and alert.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is flat out wrong. What Two Plus Two has done over the past twenty years is to create an entity that must be taken seriously by everyone in the poker business. Also, we do have a very strong reputation for integrity. It is this framework which allows our posters to have the kind of influence they had in this situation. No other major entity in the industry, as far as I know, was able to step forward in the manner that we did and apply the kind of pressure that we did. Yes, you may argue that this was done by our posters and not by us. But it was done under our name which meant it needed to be taken very seriously and could not be sloughed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I got a reply to my message from Mason.

I can not find what is flat out wrong with my point. I think it was clear that when I said "All Two Plus Two did", was in the context of what we might call now the AP scandal. Obviosly Two Plus Two did a huge ammount of other things, many of them which reside in my library, and many of them that I don't even know about.

I've called it the atmosphere, you called it the framework and explained how did you created the framework during this twenty years.

If by "under our name" you mean "on our site", and I totally agree it was done on Two Plus Two's site.

Not me neither the "normal" posters know what Two Plus Two did behind the scenes, but as you've choosen (as is Two Plus Two's right) to keep it behind the scenes, and altough I do respect you and Two Plus Two soooo much, for me the credit of the investigation here has to go to the posters.

And for sure this I can assure you, I personally didn't received any notice or alert from the legal entity Two Plus Two regarding the problems that arised at Absolute Poker, I've only saw some posts from Two Plus Two's representative at a very later moment when some posters had put the undefined entity "poker community" upside down by their work and posts. I check my mail (which I happily provided when I signed) every single day, every couple of minutes, not once did received any alert or notice from Two Plus Two.

That's why I think that to say "Two Plus Two has been responsible for noticing, investigating, and ultimately alerting the world" jointly with some forum members does not reflect the facts (sorry for previously using the word horrible).

And I think altough might be ideal, also is probably much more less likely in the real world, as obviously a legal entity probably needs a definitive prove, while the registered users can openly exchange ideas until they arrive to what they consider a prove.

Don't get me wrong, I love 2+2.

And if I don't did it before, let me thank you so much for providing the registered users with this amazing framework, where a nobody like me can get the chance to debate ideas either about poker hands, poker sites or any other subject, with much more experienced people like you.

So, I have an idea that I personally think can be of a lot of help to the registered users of Two Plus Two. Alert and Notice them when this kind of things occur. I've read the BBV section by chance, is was not within my preferred categories, and so many users can still not be aware of this.

I'd love if Two Plus Two could do an on-site investigation.

I'd love if Nat and some of the key people that participated in the investigation could do another on-site investigation representing only them selves, they probably could publish the results more raw without having to take care so much about legal stuff and wording.

And again, I love 2+2.

Regards ...